Skip Navigation

Customer Service Centre

The Customer Service Centre is conveniently located on the main floor of City Hall at 200 McIntyre Street East.  The Centre provides a centralized location for the public to obtain information, ask questions or provide comments about City services and programs.  A team of dedicated customer service professionals provide a variety of front line services through various channels including: telephone, email, in-person and by mail. The Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (closed on statutory holidays).

  • Payment of tax and water bills, parking tickets, and accounts receivable invoices.
  • Purchase of transit passes and parking passes, City of North Bay flags, garbage bag tags, and recycling bins.
  • Pick up community information, including transit maps, recycling and garbage collection calendar, city pins
  • Registration for Special Events
  • Requests for information about City services
  • Submit service compliments/complaints 
  • Dog/Cat Tags
  • Recreational Burn Permit & Renewals of Non-Recreational Burn Permit Applications
    • Renters require annual written permission from the owners to obtain a permit.  Permission wording
    • Burn Permit Application  The application can be started online but is not valid until the physical copy is issued 

Many businesses in North Bay must be licensed under Business Licensing By-Law 2012-225 which is a by-law for licensing, regulating, and governing various businesses in the City of North Bay. 

The Residential Rental Housing By-Law 2012-55 came into effect on March 5, 2012. The By-law requires all properties with 3 to 5 rental bedrooms to obtain a licence from the City.  The By-law limits the number of rental bedrooms to 5. The exception is owner-occupied dwellings with 2 or less renters. 

If you have any questions regarding the Application process please contact, the Customer Service Centre at (705) 474-0400 or by email at

If you have any questions regarding the Residential Housing By-Law please contact,

Beverley Hillier at (705) 474-0626 ext. 2403 or by email at 

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) authorizes municipalities to provide local charities, non-profit organizations, and other eligible organizations with lottery and gaming licenses. Learn more at 

City staff must follow the  AGCO Lottery Licensing Policy Manual to issue and administer charitable gaming licenses.

Important Forms: