The Legal Services department is comprised of the offices of the City Solicitor, City Prosecutor and Bylaw Enforcement.
- Provides legal services and governance advice to the Council and Administration of the City of North Bay, the North Bay Police Services Board, the District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board and the North Bay Mattawa Conservation Authority.
- Prepares, negotiates, or approves most by-laws and agreements.
- Liaison of Insured claims and defence of uninsured claims.
- Represents the City in labour arbitrations, collection litigation, Ontario Municipal Board planning hearings and other administrative tribunals.
- Prosecutes Provincial Offences issued in the North Bay Court Service Area by North Bay Police, Ontario Provincial Police, West Nipissing Police, Anishinabek Police and Military Police.
- Investigation, enforcement and education on municipal bylaws.
Request a trial date, fine payments, general inquiries, etc.
Provincial Offences Administration Centre
200 McIntyre St East
North Bay, ON P1B 8V6
705-474-0400 x 2146 or 2147